Historic contaminative land uses leave a legacy often presenting a risk to human health and the environment. Inconsistent approaches to site work, both in quality and timing and poor document sets have in a number of cases, led to considerable delays and additional costs in projects.
Our webinar covered:
• An overview of the SiLC scheme;
• An understanding of how the scheme and quality mark improve industry standards and promote efficient progress through planning;
• The requirements and benefits in becoming a member of SiLC.
- Shaun Grey, Deputy Chief Environment and Safety Officer in Strategic Command, Ministry of Defence, IEMA Technical Representative on SiLC SiLC Professional and Technical Panel (PTP);
- Jo Strange, Technical Director, CGL;
- Roger Clark: Independent consultant, Chair of the SiLC Board, Representative of the Association of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Specialists on the SiLC PTP.
This session is for those environment and sustainability professionals involved in pollution control and prevention, environmental risk management, planning, and those supporting the development of sustainable communities.
This webinar counts for 1 hour of CPD, so don’t forget to add it to your IEMA CPD Portal. This can be accessed through your member account on iema.net.
SiLC scheme: Promoting regulatory and commercial confidence in Brownfield risk management and reporting - IEMA Webinar slides - CLICK HERE
SiLC Webinar presentation - S, Grey, SiLC - CLICK HERE
Posted on 14th September 2020
IEMA reacts to IPCC report: AR6 Climate Change 2021
- 9th August 2021
IEMA reacts to CCC Progress report to Parliament
- 24th June 2021
IEMA reacts to Climate Change Committee Report
- 15th June 2021
IEMA Reacts to Queen’s Speech
- 11th May 2021
Enhancing Scotland’s EIA Community - Scotland’s EIA Conference 2021 moves online
- 22nd April 2021
IEMA launches senior management briefing on how organisations can benefit from effective environmental auditing
- 29th March 2021