Why become a Chartered Environmentalist (CEnv)?
Stand out from the crowd
As the prominence and reputation of Chartered Environmentalists continues to grow, chartered status is increasingly seen internationally as a highly desirable demonstration of an individual’s competence. Registration as a Chartered Environmentalist demonstrates that an individual has been judged by their peers to be working at the highest possible standards in the environmental profession. Chartered Environmentalists must be able to demonstrate:
- High level of theoretical knowledge of sustainability and environmental issues
- Successful application of this knowledge to lead sustainable management of the environment
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- A personal commitment to maintain professional standards, and to recognise obligations to society, the profession and the environment
- The option to use the post-nominal letters “CEnv” provides a clear way for Chartered Environmentalists to signal this knowledge and expertise to employers and potential clients
Showcase continuing commitment to profession
All Chartered Environmentalists commit to following a Code of Professional Conduct and undertaking continued professional development (CPD). These showcase to employers that the individual remains consistently at the high standard they expect of Chartered Environmentalists.
Make a difference
Having Chartered Environmentalists leading and making decisions helps to enhance public trust in environmental management and those responsible for environment-related decisions.
Becoming a Chartered Environmentalist provides a wealth of new opportunities for professional development:
- Invitation to speak at events hosted by the Society, IEMA and partner organisations
- Discounted access to a variety of events, conferences and networking opportunities
- Opportunity to attend cross-disciplinary events hosted by other professional bodies.
If you are a Full or Fellow IEMA member you can apply for Chartered Environmentalist right away. Or if you are a Practitioner looking to upgrade to a Full membership you can also apply for Chartership through your upgrade process.
Also, until 31st March 2021, the Society for Environment are offering a discount of 50% on applications.