Why become a Registered Environmental Practitioner (REnvP)?
The new Registered Environmental Practitioner (REnvP) designation is a title which recognises the level of professional practice of people operating within the environmental profession. It signifies a standard of environmental expertise, practice, and skills held by professionals spanning the breadth of academia, government, industry, consultancy, and other public and private sectors.
Registered Environmental Practitioners are committed to acting in accordance with the best principles for the mitigation of environmental harm and enhancement of environmental quality, use their skills and experience to serve the needs of the environment and society, and strive to uphold the integrity and competence of the profession as a whole.
As a Registered Environmental Practitioner, you can demonstrate that you are distinctly skilled and committed to maintaining high standards of professionalism through continual learning.
- Enhanced employability and career prospects
- Recognition of technical expertise and experience
- Professional status and use of REnvP
- Commitment to life-long learning through Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Access to an active network of environmental technicians, scientists and professionals
- Progression towards Chartered status
Your employer’s benefits
- Raise the professional recognition of your organisation
- Uphold specialist expertise and competence
- Lead the way in promoting growth and innovation within your sector
- Creates a progressive framework for internal development
- Societal benefits
- Maintain a highly skilled, trained and valued workforce
- Ensure sustained technical innovation and prosperity across the environmental science sector
- Uphold expertise and knowledge pivotal to the development of scientific and technological research
- Secure the skills needed to address an increasing demand for newly trained technicians, estimated to reach 700,000 by 2020
Who can become a Registered Environmental Practitioner?
You can apply for Registered Environmental Practitioner (REnvP) if you are an existing Practitioner of IEMA (PIEMA). Or you can apply for the REnvP at the same time as application to PIEMA or if you upgrade from another level.
Why do it now?
Be one of the first to achieve REnvP! Not only will this be a brilliant talking point in job interviews, but you will also be setting an example for others to be inspired by and follow, showcasing your commitment to ensuring the highest standards of expertise and competence in the environmental profession.
Also, until 31st March 2021, the Society for Environment’s application fee has been reduced by 50%.
How to apply
For further information, please contact the Membership team on [email protected]