IEMA’s Candidate Privacy Notice
At IEMA, we take the privacy of your personal data very seriously and we are committed to being transparent in how we protect and secure your personal data. We will only process your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and any other applicable law or regulation (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Data Protection Law.
This notice applies to everyone applying for a job at IEMA, whether you are applying for a permanent or temporary role.
Director of Communications
Location: Remote working with shared office spaces
Ellwood Atfield is delighted to be working with IEMA, the professional body for everyone working in environment and sustainability. As the worldwide alliance of environment and sustainability professionals, they work to make our businesses and organisations future-proof. Through their global sustainability standards and partnerships, they are driving understanding and uptake of crucial skills that will keep the world of business in business.
IEMA is looking to appoint a Director of Communications To develop and implement IEMA’s communications strategy, with the aim of maximising the impact of the organisation and the sustainability profession around the world.
As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, the job holder will be responsible for leading the communications team and working across the organisation to ensure impactful and consistent messaging aligned to their purpose.
Main responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement IEMA’s communications strategy, encompassing external communications, media, internal and member communications.
- Set up and oversee delivery of an internal communications function to ensure effective engagement and collaboration with colleagues across the organisation.
- Lead the development and delivery of IEMA’s engagement with broadcast, print and trade press to enhance the profile of IEMA and the profession.
- Lead IEMA’s management of reputational risk through proactive and reactive communications.
- Lead cross-IEMA communications campaigns to tell IEMA’s narrative across multi-platform communications channels.
Key skills and experience required:
- Senior management experience leading communications and media engagement, including cross-organisational activities.
- Outstanding communication skills, highly articulate and literate. Able to articulate complex data clearly and experience of presenting papers and reports at executive level.
- Well-developed leadership, interpersonal and influencing skills and the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across the organisation and at all levels; gravitas to present and network at a senior level.
- Experience of developing and implementing internal and external communications strategies and campaigns.
- Experience of overseeing media relations functions and of developing strategic partnerships aimed at reaching a range audiences.
- Experience using profile-raising activities to support strategic campaigns and thought leadership activity across multiple channels.
IEMA Steering Group Chair Vacancy - Volunteer position
Region: The Solent
Think global, act local: Regional networks lead IEMA’s voice and member engagement across the UK and internationally. They champion the work of local members and create the partnerships needed to support the shift to a sustainable economy. The IEMA Solent group is looking for a new Chair to lead the team, could this be you? Experience in this type of voluntary role isn’t essential but it would be of benefit if you have previously been or are currently active on one of IEMA’s networks. This is an excellent opportunity open to all IEMA members of all levels.
Role & Responsibilities
Regional Steering Groups are led by a nominated Chair or co-Chairs. Steering Group Chairs are responsible for leading and inspiring Steering Group members and setting the group’s ambitions and long-term planning. The term lasts for 2 years and the duties include:
- Ensuring the Steering Group has the appropriate range of skills and personnel to deliver on the Group’s ambitions.
- Creating and hosting (with the aid of the RSG) IEMA member engagement activities; both face to face and digital.
- Organising Steering Group meetings.
- Acting as the conduit of information between IEMA and the Steering Group.
- Attending IEMA meetings.
- 2 year term.
To apply for this role simply get in touch at [email protected]