Your membership will automatically cancel if payment is not received but you can come back to us at any time. For full details on how to do renew membership, please look here.
Yes, for all payments made over the phone or online, you will receive an instant receipt by email. For payments made by bank transfer, your receipt will be sent the next working day and for direct debit payments, a receipt will be sent to you once IEMA receive the funds.
Log into your MyIEMA area using your membership number, click on 'Invoices' then follow the onscreen instructions to pay an outstanding invoice by card.
Renewal payments can either be made online through your MyIEMA area via the 'Invoices' tab; over the phone by calling the Membership and Standards Team on +44 (00 1522 540069; or by BACS. For BACS payments, IEMA's bank details are located at the bottom of your renewal invoice and your membership number must be used as the payment reference.
Yes. Contact our Membership and Standards Team on +44 (0) 1522 540069 and be sure to you have your membership number to hand.
Payments can be made by through an automatic direct debit, or by card (we accept all card types). You can also renew an existing membership via bank transfer (BACS), details for this are found at the bottom of your invoice.
By logging into MyIEMA you will be able to select 'Invoices' and download a copy of any outstanding invoices you have.
It may not always be possible to change the date of your direct debit as this is automatically set as the start date of your membership. If you need this date moving, please contact our Membership and Standards Team on +44 (0) 1522 540069.
Unfortunately not as the invoice date reflects the start date of your membership, which is when payment is due. Your receipt will confirm the date of payment.
Whilst we can't directly invoice your employer for your membership due to data protection, you are able to change your invoice address to your employer's address. If your employer is able to confirm your membership number and invoice number, they are able to contact us on your behalf to make the payment.
You can download a copy of your invoice by logging into MyIEMA on the IEMA website. Alternatively, contact our Membership and Standards Team at [email protected].
You can claim tax relief on:
- Annual subscriptions you pay to approved professional bodies or learned societies if being a member of that body or society is relevant to your job
As IEMA appears on the ‘Approved professional organisations and learned societies (list3)’ then subscriptions taken up are deductible for tax purposes.
- Tax deductible for employers – Where employers pay for the subscription direct or via re-imbursement, the subscription is accounted for as a tax-deductible expense through the business’ Profit and Loss account.
- No P11D implication for individuals if paid by employer – If paid for on behalf of employees, the employer will not need to report on a P11D as the organisation (IEMA) is included in ‘list 3’.
- Tax deductible for individuals – If paid for individually and not re-imbursed by an employer, the individual can claim the subscription as a tax-deductible expense.
- How individuals can get Tax Relief if paying personally – To claim relief:
- If submitting an annual Self-Assessment Tax Return, the subscription expense should be entered under the Employments section – Expenses -Box 19: Professional Fees and Subscriptions
- If not submitting an annual Self-Assessment Tax Return, the subscription expense can be claimed online through your individual Government Gateway Account.
The link below will take individuals through a short questionnaire as to what method they will need to use to claim relief.
Claim tax relief for your job expenses: Professional fees and subscriptions - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
You may need to reapply, but it will depend on your previous membership level and how long you have been away from us.
You can find all the details about reinstatement here.
Yes - email us at [email protected] or phone us on +44 (0)1522 540069 and we will provide the details you need to arrange a bank transfer. Please be aware that for some grades, a CPD submission may be required before reinstatement is allowed. Full details can be found here.