IEMA’s brand new membership magazine launches today following a year-long plan to deliver a totally new and unique publication to support IEMA members’ transformative work.
Issue 1 of Transform, the title for Environment and Sustainability Professionals, has been completely formed by member feedback and input. As set by members, the overarching editorial direction for the magazine is to provide interesting, relevant and challenging news, features and articles across key environment and sustainability themes. The content will be inspiring with a practical undertone that helps members to learn, develop and implement change in their organisations. The interviews will be bold and provocative, the debates will take on challenging issues and several areas will profile and celebrate members’ work and achievements.
Transform, which will be published 10 times per year and replaces IEMA’s previous title the environmentalist, will continue to deliver essential news and updates on key legislation and regulations and case studies of pioneering practice around the world. It will also offer thought pieces, policy insights and stunning photography that provides regular food for thought.
Highlights from Issue 1 include:
- Legal brief - Regulations, consultations and court news including fine for Yorkshire Water
- In focus - Drama in Antarctica as a huge iceberg breaks away from the Larsen C ice shelf
- The big question - Is nuclear power worth pursuing in the face of a renewable-energy revolution?
- Interview: Jonathan Bartley - The co-leader of the Green Party tells Chris Seekings why he remains upbeat about fighting for a renewable energy revolution
- Energy - The mix is changing, but energy markets are fuelled by politics as much as by economics, writes Colin Cooper
- Air quality -The government must look at the big picture to tackle air pollution, says Debbie Wood
- Natural capital: Bicester case study - Alison Smith on creating a green infrastructure toolkit to help local authorities and policy makers deliver long term change
- Housing - Mark Smulian looks at how greenfield and brownfield sites compare when it comes to satisfying the growing need for new homes
- Recycling - Europe is developing creative ways to recycle its plastics, writes Andrew Mills
- Member profile - Sharon Lashley PIEMA, director, Enviro UK Consultants
- Member success - All the latest member upgrades
A new online home for Transform will be switched on in October along with a new jobs board for IEMA members and other Environment and Sustainability Professionals across the globe. In the meantime, Issue 1 arrives with IEMA members and subscribers today (Friday 1st September).
A downloadable copy is available here.
Posted on 1st September 2017
IEMA reacts to IPCC report: AR6 Climate Change 2021
- 9th August 2021
IEMA reacts to CCC Progress report to Parliament
- 24th June 2021
IEMA reacts to Climate Change Committee Report
- 15th June 2021
IEMA Reacts to Queen’s Speech
- 11th May 2021
Enhancing Scotland’s EIA Community - Scotland’s EIA Conference 2021 moves online
- 22nd April 2021
IEMA launches senior management briefing on how organisations can benefit from effective environmental auditing
- 29th March 2021