The March 2013 issue of the environmentalist magazine is currently on its way to you.
This issue also features the Pay & Benefits Survey 2013 Supplement, revealing the progress and current profile of the environment profession in terms of salaries, working conditions, growth of roles, average workloads and qualifications.
If you cannot wait for your printed copy to reach you next week, you can download this month's magazine here.
Issue 136 includes the usual news, interviews, briefings and these fascinating features
- Smarter connections - The rollout across the UK of smart meters is due to start next year, but Peter Brown finds that the industry still has several major hurdles to overcome
- REACH forward -Following a review of the REACH regulation by the European Commission, John Barwise looks at the next steps for regulating chemicals in the EU
- Shifting gear - Paul Suff discovers how Jaguar Land Rover is driving down climate and other environmental impacts from its vehicles and production processes
- Making waste add up - Calculating CO2 emissions from different disposal routes helped SITA win a waste management contract with an NHS trust. Will Simpson reports
- Detective work - Successfully tracking down the source of environmental contamination depends on applying the right tools, explains scientist Stephen Mudge
This month's IEMA updates include:
- IEMA’s professional development adviser
- Competition for students to design a new IEMA membership ID
- Policy update Nick Blyth on accounting for green energy
- IEMA events and membership upgrades
- Career development opportunities in 2013
Click on the PDF link below to open or download the latest issue. Or, visit the Transform website.
Please note that as 'the environmentalist' is for Members only, you will need to be logged in to the IEMA site to access this download.
Posted on 14th March 2013
IEMA reacts to IPCC report: AR6 Climate Change 2021
- 9th August 2021
IEMA reacts to CCC Progress report to Parliament
- 24th June 2021
IEMA reacts to Climate Change Committee Report
- 15th June 2021
IEMA Reacts to Queen’s Speech
- 11th May 2021
Enhancing Scotland’s EIA Community - Scotland’s EIA Conference 2021 moves online
- 22nd April 2021
IEMA launches senior management briefing on how organisations can benefit from effective environmental auditing
- 29th March 2021