In March, the British Standards Institute (BSI) launched the draft version of BS 8950 – Guide to enhancing social value’.
The Guide focuses on the role of organisations in understanding, preserving and enhancing social value.
During this webinar session attendees gained:
- An overview of the key findings of the standard by the author of the standard;
- Understanding of the key tools and assessment methods to help determine and account for social value;
- Practical recommendations from industry experts on the challenges and opportunities to measure and enhance social value.
• Jeremy Nicholls, Non Executive Director of Social Value International, Author of BS 8950
• Sophie Stephens (PIEMA), Head of Social Value & Sustainability (UK), Balfour Beatty
This webinar counts for 1 hour of CPD, so don’t forget to add it to your IEMA CPD Portal. This can be accessed through your member account on iema.net.
Impact of Social Value: British Standard 8950: Recommendations on how sustainability professionals can enhance social value, Webinar slides - M, Jourdan, IEMA - CLICK HERE
BS 8950 Understanding and enhancing Social Value - J, Nicholls, BSI - CLICK HERE
Social Value: an industry perspective - S, Stephens, Balfour Beatty - CLICK HERE
Posted on 24th August 2020
IEMA reacts to IPCC report: AR6 Climate Change 2021
- 9th August 2021
IEMA reacts to CCC Progress report to Parliament
- 24th June 2021
IEMA reacts to Climate Change Committee Report
- 15th June 2021
IEMA Reacts to Queen’s Speech
- 11th May 2021
Enhancing Scotland’s EIA Community - Scotland’s EIA Conference 2021 moves online
- 22nd April 2021
IEMA launches senior management briefing on how organisations can benefit from effective environmental auditing
- 29th March 2021