About the EIA Quality Mark
The EIA Quality Mark is a scheme operated by IEMA that allows organisations (both developers and consultancies) that lead the co-ordination of statutory EIAs in the UK to make a commitment to excellence in their EIA activities and have this commitment independently reviewed. The EIA Quality Mark is a voluntary scheme, with organisations free to choose whether they are ready to operate to its seven EIA Commitments.
The seven EIA Commitments
The EIA Quality Mark registrants adhere to seven key commitments. These commitments underpin and keep the high standard of the scheme.
- EIA Management – We commit to using effective project control and management processes to deliver quality in the EIA we co-ordinate and the Environmental Statements we produce.
- EIA Team Capabilities – We commit to ensuring that all our EIA staff have the opportunity to undertake regular and relevant continuing professional development.
- EIA Regulatory Compliance – We commit to delivering Environmental Statements that meet the requirements established within the appropriate UK EIA Regulations.
- EIA Context & Influence – We commit to ensuring that all EIAs we coordinate are effectively scoped and that we will transparently indicate how the EIA process, and any consultation undertaken, influenced the development proposed and any alternatives considered.
- EIA Content – We commit to undertaking assessments that include: a robust analysis of the relevant baseline; assessment and transparent evaluation of impact significance; and an effective description of measures designed to monitor and manage significant effects.
- EIA Presentation – We commit to deliver Environmental Statements that set out environmental information in a transparent and understandable manner.
- Improving EIA practice – We commit to enhance the profile of good quality EIA by working with IEMA to deliver a mutually agreed set of activities, on an annual basis, and by making appropriate examples of our work available to the wider EIA community.
Why use a EIA Quality Mark Registrant?
By choosing a consultancy registered to the EIA Quality Mark you know that they are not only committed to delivering you a quality product, but that their EIA activities have also been independently reviewed by IEMA. CLICK HERE for a list of EIA Quality Mark Registrants. The EIA Quality Mark Registrant list is made up of 40 of the UK’s leading consultancies and the scheme’s first developer – The Environment Agency’s National Environmental Assessment Service (NEAS). All registrants have committed to excellence in their EIA activities and are proud to have gained membership of the scheme.
Interested in Joining the EIA Quality Mark Register?
IEMA’s EIA Quality Mark scheme is open to organisations that co-ordinate (take the lead on) statutory UK Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) and lead production of the associated Environmental Statements (ES). As such both developers and consultancies can apply to become registered with the scheme. CLICK HERE for more information.
EIA Quality Mark Resources