MSc Sustainable Development in Practice (UWE)
A highly-topical course that focuses on the urgent challenges organisations, communities and government face in bringing about sustainable change in individual behaviour, business practice and wider society - all studied in the European Green Capital 2015.
Businesses, governments and communities are taking on the practical challenges that come with creating a sustainable future. Innovation is a big part of overcoming these challenges thinking differently, and finding new ways to reconcile the needs of people and businesses with those of our planet.
On this MSc you will study:
- Sustainable Development: Principles and Practice - explore the fundamental nature, causes and consequences of sustainable and unsustainable development.
- Creating Sustainable Behaviour Change - explore a range of different theoretical and practical approaches to understanding and influencing pro-sustainable behaviour.
- The Sustainable Organisation: Vision into Practice - examine the vision of a sustainable business operating in a complex ecosystem with resource constraints, and compares this with the reality of contemporary business.
- Communications Campaigns: Creative Approaches and Tools - analyse a range of historically significant campaigns and social movements, and their implications for pro-sustainability change.
- Work-Based Learning in Sustainability and Environmental Management - gain vital practice-based experience and build your professional network, as we work with you to identify a host organisation relevant to your career aspirations.
- Master's Project - investigate, tackle and report on a specific issue in current sustainability practice, with supervision from specialist subject tutors.
A wide range of options allows you to tailor your course to your career needs.
Contact: [email protected]