Introduction to Net Zero
IEMA Introduction to Net Zero is a course which gives a succinct overview of what net zero means as a response to the climate crisis and how it can be delivered within organisations. It is delivered over four parts that make up this course and provide learners with a basic introduction to the concept of net zero.
- What does net zero mean?
- Why net zero?
- What can my organisation do about it?
- How should we communicate net zero in a way which avoids greenwash?
Who is this course for?
This course is suited to all job roles and sectors and has no formal entry requirements. This course will be appealing for those who are looking to gain a baseline knowledge on net zero in their own capacity. This course will also be a powerful tool for businesses on a journey towards net zero and provides an approach to raising awareness across the business.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no entry requirements for this course.
What will you learn on this course?
Once completed, a learner on this course will be able to:
- Explain what is net zero and related terms
- Explain the urgency of the underlying climate science driving the net zero agenda
- Explain the main international policy context for responding to the climate crisis
- Explain the UK policy context and drivers
- Explain the business and environmental benefits of net zero
- Explain the outline of a robust net zero approach
- Explain key principles on communicating a robust net zero claim and avoiding greenwash
How do you learn?
This course consists of two guided learning hours.
How will you be assessed?
This course is not assessed.
How do you book onto a course?
Below you can see all the Training Partners offering this course. Find the Training Partner you would like to be trained by, click on ‘see more info’ and then find a suitable course for you. This list details the start date, location (whether virtual or in a classroom), and the link to book via the Training Partner website.
Providers offering this Course
Act Sustainably Ltd
Upcoming Courses delivered by Act Sustainably Ltd
Green Business Centre
Upcoming Courses delivered by Green Business Centre
Watts Sustainability Ltd
Rio ESG Ltd