Why work for us?
Working for IEMA is about being part of making a difference to our planet's future. We believe we are positively changing perceptions and attitudes about the relevance and vital importance of sustainability as a progressive force for good.
We develop initiatives and resources and create partnerships and manage campaigns that help ensure that the UK remains at the forefront of these important global issues.
Our members include some of the biggest names globally and we work with them to help accelerate the transformation towards a more sustainable world.
Roles within IEMA offer a unique opportunity to work with our members to support them on their journey of addressing sustainability. The breadth of opportunity you can gain in the work you can do for us is immense.
Roles at IEMA range from operational support roles to positions in policy working to influence government and other key stakeholders on national policies; marketing positions to help develop campaigns, corporate partnerships and thought leadership material; membership roles to help support our members in professional standards and training and positions of working with the media through our press and PR team.
Culture and values
At IEMA, we are committed to a culture that is diverse and inclusive and provides equality of opportunity to all of our employees regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Our culture is shaped by our values – bright, open and brave.
This means we must make bold, transparent decisions that will enable and inspire practitioners around the globe to change their world. We’re guided by committees that drive these decisions, and each one is populated by members, influencers and industry experts.
We encourage all our employees to strive to be the best they can be and embrace our values in their ways of working.
We are committed to developing the skills of all our employees and we offer high quality training and formal qualifications together with internal development opportunities to help develop and grow your skills and knowledge.
We are keen to attract and retain the best people and we believe our IEMA benefits package is very competitive.
Our benefits package includes:
- 6% employer pension contribution
- 25 days annual leave, plus additional 1 day leave after 5 years plus extra days when we close between Christmas Eve and New Year
- Health Cash Plan Scheme and Welllness support package
- Group Income Protection Scheme for long term ill health
- Life Assurance (4x salary)
- 2 days paid leave each year for voluntary work
Assessor and mentor opportunities
At the heart of any professional body is its Members, and IEMA is no different. IEMA is a not for profit organisation; we rely on members, often through voluntary contributions, to uphold the integrity and standards of our profession:
- Members assess applications from professionals seeking recognition to ensure standards are met;
- Members support and mentor other members who want to progress their career and upgrade their membership;
- Members provide feedback to other members on the nature of their CPD to ensure standards are upheld;
- Members assess training centres and universities looking to get courses approved that are closing the sustainability skills gap.
We are recruiting new Assessors and Mentors to help other members to progress, succeed and achieve their goals. If you are keen to contribute to your profession and you want to play an important role enhancing the credibility of sustainability professional standards take a look at the vacancies below. We have vacancies for: