IEMA Steering Group Chair Vacancy - Volunteer position
Region: The Solent
Think global, act local: Regional networks lead IEMA’s voice and member engagement across the UK and internationally. They champion the work of local members and create the partnerships needed to support the shift to a sustainable economy.
The IEMA Solent group is looking for a new Chair to lead the team, could this be you? Experience in this type of voluntary role isn’t essential but it would be of benefit if you have previously been or are currently active on one of IEMA’s networks. This is an excellent opportunity open to all IEMA members of all levels.
Role & Responsibilities
Regional Steering Groups are led by a nominated Chair or co-Chairs. Steering Group Chairs are responsible for leading and inspiring Steering Group members and setting the group’s ambitions and long-term planning. The term lasts for 2 years and the duties include:
- Ensuring the Steering Group has the appropriate range of skills and personnel to deliver on the Group’s ambitions.
- Creating and hosting (with the aid of the RSG) IEMA member engagement activities; both face to face and digital.
- Organising Steering Group meetings.
- Acting as the conduit of information between IEMA and the Steering Group.
- Attending IEMA meetings.
- 2 year term.
To apply for either of these role simply get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assessor and mentor opportunities
At the heart of any professional body is its Members, and IEMA is no different. IEMA is a not for profit organisation; we rely on members, often through voluntary contributions, to uphold the integrity and standards of our profession:
- Members assess applications from professionals seeking recognition to ensure standards are met;
- Members support and mentor other members who want to progress their career and upgrade their membership;
- Members provide feedback to other members on the nature of their CPD to ensure standards are upheld;
- Members assess training centres and universities looking to get courses approved that are closing the sustainability skills gap.
We are recruiting new Assessors and Mentors to help other members to progress, succeed and achieve their goals. If you are keen to contribute to your profession and you want to play an important role enhancing the credibility of sustainability professional standards take a look at the vacancies below. We have vacancies for: