The minimum professional status for anyone who has responsibility for environmental issues. Earn professional recognition, grow your network and build your knowledge.
Associate membership is widely recognised as the minimum professional achievement for anyone who is working in an environmental role and has responsibility for environmental issues. In organisations it is crucial to have at least one person with the fundamental knowledge and skills that Associate Membership with IEMA offers.
There are no prerequisites to apply as an Associate member. Associate membership is achieved by the completion of the Associate Entry Exam. The standard for IEMA Associate membership is high, underpinning its credibility in the market place. This professional qualification covers a broad range of topics to ensure a solid foundation for environmental professionals to build upon.
The Knowledge and Skills required to be an Associate IEMA Member are mapped to the Operational Level on the environmental Skills map.
- My Influence: Build your leadership skills and influence those around you. Be at the core as IEMA engages and influences national and international policy & standards
- My Recognition: Demonstrate to colleagues, clients, employers and others that you have a broad ranging environmental knowledge and understanding. Associates of IEMA earn the suffix AIEMA.
- My Community: Network with over 15,000 members Environment professionals online and in person at IEMA events; locally and globally.
- My Competence: Start receiving the magazine the environmentalist and gain access to IEMA's online resources including webinars, publications and our Policy & Horizon Scanning service. Develop your industry leading knowledge with IEMA
- My Development: Our members value professional development- Access careers advice and training opportunities, log your CPD and advance your career with IEMA
Networking in-person and online- exchange ideas and share the most up-to-date knowledge with the brightest of minds, on-line and in-person
Support and Guidance Plan and build your career with IEMA
Publications Receive your copy of the Environmentalist- the leading title on environmental issues and sustainable business.
Career building The IEMA jobs site combined with continuous professional development will enable you to get maximum value from you career.
Skills We’ll point you towards the high quality, relevant training you need to achieve professional success.
Engagement As a member you will be at the heart- from surveys to consultations, you will be able to directly influence national policy through your insights and experience.
How to Achieve Associate Membership
Associate IEMA membership is achieved through successful completion of the Associate Entry Exam. You can take this online in your own time, or as the end of an IEMA approved Associate Certificate Course delivered by an IEMA approved Training provider.
The Entry Exam is a 2hr 30min exam that tests candidates on the 10 learning outcomes listed in the Associate Specification.
Become an Associate through taking an IEMA Approved Associate Certificate Course through an IEMA Approved Training Provider.
Associate Entry Exam Support
To help you prepare for the Associate Entry Exam, we have developed our Support page, which include webinars, online resources, past exam papers, exam guidance and more.