How to apply to join the EIA Quality Mark
IEMA’s EIA Quality Mark scheme is open to organisations that co-ordinate (take the lead on) statutory UK Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) and lead production of the associated Environmental Statements (ES). As such both developers and consultancies can apply to become registered with the scheme.
What are the benefits of joining?
Beyond the reputational benefits of committing to regular independent review of your organisation’s EIA activities EIA Quality Mark registrants gain access to a number of benefits, which include:
- Use of the EIA Quality Mark logo on your organisation’s documents.
- The opportunity to use the EIA Quality Mark Statement within Environmental Statements you produce.
- Inclusion of information about your organisation on IEMA’s webpage.
- Access to a growing library of over 350 Non-Technical Summaries (NTS) and the ability to loan any of the Environmental Statements behind the NTS.
- The opportunity to send staff to the exclusive EIA Quality Mark Forum.
- Access to thought provoking articles on EIA on the Environmentalist Online.
- Access to a growing catalogue of EIA case studies, presentations and other information to ensure your staff are kept up-to-date with the latest thinking in the field.
Further information on the EIA Quality Mark’s benefits can be found in Section 5 of the Applicant Guide.
Interested in applying?
If you are interested in your organisation applying to join the EIA Quality Mark the first step is to read the following document - EIA Quality Mark - Applicant Guide:
This Guide provides details about the scheme and the application process. As part of the application process your organisation will be required to sign the EIA Quality Mark Agreement, as such we strongly recommend reading Appendix A of the above Guide, which sets out a copy of the text of the Agreement.
Once you have read the Applicant Guide and are satisfied that the EIA Quality Mark is right for your organisation please contact Thomas Clayton on either telephone 01522 540069 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of both the:
- EIA Quality Mark Application Form, and
- The EIA Quality Mark Agreement.
Once completed please submit the above documents alongside your application fee and any other relevant documents, as set out in Section 4 of the Applicant Guide, to:
EIA Quality Mark
Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment
City Office Park
How much does it cost to apply?
The EIA Quality Mark application fee is either £2000+VAT or £2500 + VAT dependent on the level of EIA activity your organisation is involved in. The lower fee relates to organisations that completed three (3) or less Environmental Statements in the 12 months prior to their application; whilst the higher fee applies to those organisations that completed four (4) or more during the same period.
Further information on the EIA Quality Mark’s fee structure can be found in Appendix B of the Applicant Guide above.