The IEMA Acorn Scheme, an officially recognised EMS standard recommended by the government, offers accredited recognition for organisations evaluating and improving their environmental performance through the phased implementation of an environmental management system (EMS).
Acorn focuses on environmental improvements that are linked to business competitiveness and is flexible so that all types of organisation, whatever their size, can participate.
Participation in the IEMA Acorn Scheme offers participants the following benefits:
- EMS implementation broken down into a series of logical, convenient, manageable phases using the British Standard BS 8555
- Clearly defined route plan to ISO14001 certification and/ or EMAS registration, with UKAS accredited recognition along the way
- Self-determined time frame for implementation – you decide how fast and how far you want to progress
- Environmental performance improvement which can lead to reduced costs and improved business efficiency
- Opportunities to engage supply chain partners in environmental performance improvement
- A flexible approach that provides UKAS accredited recognition for participants
- Entry on the IEMA Acorn Register