The Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) is dedicated to creating a sustainable future through environmental skills, knowledge and thought leadership.
IEMA is the largest environmental professional body, providing environmental practitioners with the knowledge, skills and tools to ensure sound environmental performance delivers real business benefit. We help our members to make a strategic environmental difference by embedding environment in decision making at all levels through knowledge exchange, research, conferences, training and publications. With a membership over 15,000 individual and corporate members based in 83 countries, IEMA is now the leading international membership-based organisation dedicated to the professional development of individuals involved in the environmental profession, whether they be in the public, private or non-governmental sectors.
IEMA's mission is to:
- To promote the goal of sustainable development through the promotion of improved environmental practice and performance
- To provide recognition, through high-quality professional qualifications, of those individuals who are competent environmental sustainability professionals and to be recognised as a leading organisation in this field
- To raise the profile of environmental sustainability professionals and the importance of the work that they undertake
- To contribute to the development of skills and competencies of environmental sustainability professionals through training, information and experience exchange, and the sharing of good practice
- To be recognised as a centre of excellence and to undertake, disseminate and contribute to research in environmental sustainability and related fields
- To recognise organisations that successfully contribute to environmental sustainability
- To employ talented people and help them to develop the ability to make a positive contribution to the Institute’s vision in their work
- To manage the Institute’s resources in an effective and efficient way
The Institute’s vision is to be the leading membership body for environmental sustainability professionals.